COVID SAFETY PLAN
Johnson & Company is proud to be a COVID SAFE business. In order to protect our staff and customers, we have created and lodged a COVID-19 Safety Plan with the NSW Government and have been officially deemed COVID SAFE.
OUR COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
WELLBEING OF STAFF AND CUSTOMERS
· Exclude staff, customers and attendees who are unwell from the auction, open house or saleyard.
· Provide staff with information and training on COVID-19, including when to get tested, physical distancing and cleaning.
· Make staff aware of their leave entitlements if they are sick or required to self-isolate.
· Communicate and display conditions of entry (website, social media, digital newsletters, and at entry points).
· Capacity must not exceed one visitor per 4 square metres of space.
· Where reasonably practical, consider holding an auction outdoors or in a large indoor space.
· For viewings, consider implementing a time-based booking system, with phone or online options, to limit the number of people entering the premises or waiting outside where crowding may occur.
· Where practical, use separate doors for entry and exit. If there is on-site payment and/or collection, consider putting in place separate customer order and collection points.
· If seating is required, move or remove seating to comply with 1.5 metres of physical distance where possible.
· Develop strategies to reduce crowding wherever possible, such as markers on the floor or encouraging attendance of only registered or interested bidders (rather than observers).
· Where reasonably practical, ensure staff maintain 1.5 metres physical distancing at all times (including at meal breaks and in office or meeting rooms) and assign workers to specific work stations.
· Use telephone or video for essential meetings where practical.
· Where reasonably practical, stagger start times and breaks for staff members to minimise the risk of close contact.
· Review regular deliveries and request contactless delivery and invoicing where practical.
· Have strategies in place to manage gatherings that may occur immediately outside the premises.
· Encourage tenants who want to be present during an open home to leave for a short period or stand in an open space (such as outside) to minimise contact and ensure you can comply with physical distancing requirements.
HYGIENE AND CLEANING
· Adopt good hand hygiene practices.
· Ensure bathrooms are well stocked with hand soap and paper towels or hand dryers. Provide hand sanitiser at entry and exit points.
· Clean indoor hard surface areas frequented by staff or customers at least daily with detergent or disinfectant. Clean frequently touched areas and surfaces several times per day with a detergent or disinfectant solution or wipe.
· Disinfectant solutions need to be maintained at an appropriate strength and used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
· Staff are to wear gloves when cleaning and wash hands thoroughly before and after with soap and water.
· Consider removing printed pamphlets, and instead providing relevant information through digital channels such as email or website where this is practical.
· If onsite payment is required, limit the use of cash transactions by encouraging contactless payment options.
· If items are to be viewed, encourage visual inspection where practical. Provide hand washing facilities or hand sanitiser for customers to use before and after handling objects. Have detergent or disinfectant wipes available to wipe objects regularly, where practical.
· Keep a record of name and a mobile number or email address for all staff, customers and contractors for a period of at least 28 days. For groups, one contact is sufficient to support contact tracing. Ensure records are used only for the purposes of tracing COVID-19 infections and are stored confidentially and securely.
· Make staff aware of the COVIDSafe app and its benefits to support contact tracing if required.
· Cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of COVID-19 at the workplace, and notify SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50.
We thank you for your support in working together to keep everyone safe.